Pursue self-freedom this Independence Day…
Irrespective of one’s date of birth, each one of us is turning 70 on 15th August,2017 as a proud citizen of India. Our country has relentlessly proven itself to be a successful start-up! Starting from absolutely nothing in 1947 after the British rule, we have come a long way in every arena be it science, sports, space, cinema, literature, music or cinema. We have been able to build a strong nation with such a huge diversity. Have made our strong standing and presence in the world decorated with several Global recognitions and crowns
This Independence Day, don’t just celebrate freedom of the country, but also celebrate yourself as an individual. Celebrate your self-image! Reaffirm yourself as an individual to be free from all prejudices, negative critical evaluations, fear of unknown, fear of change, fear of acceptance, fear of being judged and all that is stopping you from being your best.
Self-image determines the quality of your relationships with others. It directly affects your physical, mental, social, emotional and spiritual wellbeing. It gradually translates and shows up to the world in the form of your Body-image. Body image is the way you experience thoughts and feelings about your appearance. It becomes of utmost importance to us as we grow up from teens to adults as now we become vulnerable and care more about how others see us! We are obsessed with our appearance, though might not like to admit it. Let me bring some ease to it. Concern about your appearance is absolutely normal and appreciative. Even very attractive people may not be looking in the mirror out of ‘vanity’, but out of insecurity.
Some proven ways to have a healthy self-image and body image:
- Maintain positive attitude toward yourself and the world around you
- Stop criticizing yourself for what you should or should not do
- Find bliss in the beauty of imperfection, accept imperfections
- Not everything is your responsibility, let others be responsible for themselves and their actions
- Explore your personal body- image with its strengths and limitations
- Avoid thinking distortions related to your body
- Challenge misleading assumptions about body appearance
- Be happy and love who you are
- Be comfortable with your body
- Have positive affirmations for your body
- Dress nicely: no one is more conscious of your physical appearance than you are
- Adorn yourself with right make-up, hair care, hair style, hygiene and Skin care
- Practice good posture, facial expressions and gestures. Stand up straight, keep your head up, and make eye contact. You’ll make a positive impression on others and instantly feel more alert and empowered
- Demonstrate polite behaviour towards others while meeting them
- Communicate effectively with the right words, tone, pitch, volume and pauses
So, this Independence Day take a pledge to celebrate yourself each and every moment. Have a positive personal view of yourself. This is crucial because, how you think about yourself directly affects how you feel about yourselves which affects how you act in life and ultimately how people respond to you!